- How to recover from a failed firmware update?
- How to open a corrupted CRF File?
- Used memory keeps reading "0" Kb, what does it mean?
- My MSR is blocked. Why?
- How can I unblock my MSR?
- The date of the MSR starts from 0 every time I connect the battery. Is this normal?
- Can I put some glue or other liquid materials on my MSRvXXX?
- My MSRvXXX blinks red. What does it mean?
- My MSRvXXX does not blink when I start it and appears to be dead.
- What is CRFSuite?
- How to update CRFSuite?
- Where can I download the MSRvXXX CD from?
- What is CBC?
- What are the MSRvXXX read modes?
- How to enable or disable led signals from MSRvXXX readers
- How to connect my MSRv007?
- How to connect my MSRv008?
- How to connect my MSRv009?
- How to connect my MSRv010?
- Magnetic Read Head Connections
Magnetic Stripe Readers
- What is Interrupted Swiping?
- How to upgrade from the DEMO to the FULL version?
- How to connect to the USB based magnetic stripe readers (MSRv007, MSRv009, MSRv010)
- How to connect to the Bluetooth magnetic stripe readers (MSRv008)
- How to use the MSRvXXX cables?
- What is a Firmware?
- Firmware History
- How to update the firmware?
- What is my MSRvXXX build number?
- Is there a problem if I download data from MSRvXXX while it is connected to the battery?
- What is the consumption of MSRv007 / MSRv009 / MSRv010?
- What is the consumption of MSRv008?
- How can I calculate how long a MSRvXXX will function on a battery?
- How long will last a 40 mA battery powering a MSRv007/MSRv009/MSRv010?
- How long will last a 120 mA battery powering with a MSRv008?
- What is the physical size of the MSRv007, MSRv008, MSRv009 or MSRv010?
- Does CRFv10 have a battery?
- How do I charge the CRFv10?
- What is the peering password for MSRv008?
- Can I change the bluetooth broadcasted name of MSRv008?
Magnetic Stripe Readers Security
- Step 1: How to create an account
- Step 2: How to log in
- Step 3: How to order
- MSRvXXX decode demonstration (CRFSuite 2.5)
- How to connect to MSRv008 (bluetooth)
- CRFSuite Demonstration
- Overview of CRFSuite interface
- Upgrade and change the encryption key
- Download and decode CRFSuite file
Frequently Asked Questions
The device does not retain the date if you remove the power supply(battery). This is the way that we've designed the reader. If you need the date and time to run continuously, please do not remove the battery.
In order to protect against intrusion our readers have a self protection mechanism. Trying too many wrong login passwords or too many wrong upgrade codes will block the device.
Please follow these steps:
- Connect your MSRvXXX to the computer. You need to keep the reader connected to the computer because while device is blocked it is using a lot of power and will run out of battery before it is unblocked.
- Ensure that your computer will not go in standby. Optional, connect the battery to MSRvXXX (the battery serves as backup power in case your computer goes to standby).
- Leave the MSRvXXX connected until it stops blinking. This will take take between 4 to 26 hours. Please be patient and do not remove the power while it is still blinking.
We deliver with UPS or DHL. Our average delivery time is 3 days. However based on your destination and courier schedule it might thke between 2-5 working days.
- If the red LED blinks 1 time - it means that the clock has failed (all timestamps will be incorrect). Usually this can happen if the reader is wet. This error can be fixed by heating and drying the reader.
- If the red LED blinks 2 times, 4 times or 6 times - it means that the device cannot communicate with the head. If you have put glue on the device, remove it. If the error persists, you need to return the device back for repairs.
- If the red LED blinks 8 times - it means that the device cannot access the memory. If you have put glue on the device, remove it. If the error persists, you need to return the device back for repairs.
- If the red LED blinks 16 times - it means that the device cannot program the Bluetooth. This error might be fixed by disconnecting the device from any power source and then connect it back. If the error persists, you need to return the device back for repairs.
- If the red LED blinks continuosuly - the upgrade process might have failed. Please contact us in order to try to fix this remotely. Do not return the device for repairs until we have not tryied to fix this from the internet.
In order to repair a device click here to request a RMA. Do not send your device back without a RMA as it might get lost!
This might be a software fault. Follow the steps from this link: How to recover from a failed firmware update? If this does not work, please contact us in order to try to fix this remotely. Do not return the device for repairs until we have not tryied to fix this from the internet.
MSRv007, MSRv009 and MSRv010 are using less than 0.1 mA per hour when are not reading cards and less than 0.8 mA per hour when a card is being swiped. This means that on a single charge of 40 mA battery, it will run for 16 days or read 360000 cards.
MSRv008 is using an average of 2mA per hour when is not reading cards and 2.8 mA when a card is being swiped. This means that on a single charge of 40 mA battery, it will run for 8 hours or read 28800 cards.
You need to know or measure the power consumption of your device. This can be done with an ampermetre put in series with the battery.
- MSRv007/MSRv009/MSRv010 use 0.1mA each hour
- MSRv008 uses an average of 2mA each hour
Then, you need to divide the capacity of the battery by it's consumption.
- For a 40mA battery with a MSRv007: 40 mAh / 0.1mA = 400 hours
- for a 120mA battery with a MSRv008: 120 mAh / 2mA = 60 hours
A 40 mA battery will run for 400 hours.
A 120 mA battery will run for 60 hours.
CRFv10 has a 120mA built in battery. There is a micro switch on the device which you can use to turn on or turn off the power of your CRFv10. Please do not open the device.
The cable that has the transparent USB connector is CRFv10's charge. In order to charge the battery, plug one part of the cable into any powered USB port and the other part of the cable into your CRFv10. The cable's blue LED will turn on which indicates that it is charging. The led will stay lit until the battery has been fully charged or until the CRFv10 has been removed.
No! Please do not put glue or any other liquid materials on the device or on the connector. This will void the warranty and might damage your reader. The behaviour of the device covered in glue can be unpredictable. Even if it appears to work properly at the beginning it might cause problems later. If you have put any glue on the device, please remove as soon as possible.
You will be able to download the data without any problems. However, connecting the battery and the USB data cable together will drain your battery.
The peering password is 0000 . You can change it after you log into the device. Please do not forget your peering password as we will be unable to help you recover it.
Yes, you can change it from CRFSuite after you login into the device. The default name is "MSRv008 build XXXXXX".
If your device shows 0kb as total memory there is a hardware fault with your device. If you have put glue on the device, remove it. If the error persists, you need to return the device back for repairs. Please click here to request a RMA and return the faulty device to us for analysing and repair.
Every country has it's own customs. The purpose of this agency is to charge incoming packages in order to favorize the internal production of their country. Any international package is subject to be checked by customs officials and it is up to them to establish if there is a duty to be paid. Usually if they decide that there is a duty to be paid, the receiver will need to pay it before receiving the package.
As explained in our terms and conditions it is customer's responsibility to clear the custom.
We cannot know before shiping what your customs agent will decide to charge for your package. If the customer is unwilling to pay the custom duties and they remain unpaid, the package can be destroyed. In this case we will not be able to send a replacement package free of charge and we will have to consider the sales complete.
If the customer wishes to return the package to us, he will have to pay the DHL shipping fee which is usually a lot higher than the sending cost. Please note that we do not make a profit on this and we charge only what the shipping company asks us (DHL/UPS). We cannot discount this fee under any circumtances.
We are currencly offering an extra read head option for free for any MSRvXXX FULL device. Please note that this offer is not valid for DEMO devices.
In order to benefit of this offer please follow these steps:
- click "Full" on "Functionality" option
- click "Extra read heads" options
- choose the read head that you prefer
- add to Cart to place your order
This option is available only for MSRvXXX in Full mode. You cannot change options if you would like to purchase a device in Demo mode.
For example, if you want 4.5mm read head or 3mm read head with a demo version, you will have to order it separately.